Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Gift




I finally finished my gift for my dear friend. We have been friends for half of our lives, and have shared so much. I made her a special gift for her 40th birthday. She made an AWESOME purse for me for my birthday, and I get compliments on it all the time. She said after she made it for me that she was tempted to keep it herself since it turned out so amazingly cute! Plus she had not done a zipper in a bag of this sort before (she made the pattern up!), so it was an adventure to figure that part out.

Anyway, now I'll have to post a pic of the purse for ya! I love it.


But I digress. This is supposed to be about the stuff I make and the stuff that inspires me. I've been working on her gift for over a month. I'm super slow, but it's alright, there is no wrong or right way to be creative. My friend who will recieve this gift is super speedy, and I admire that about her so much. We inspire each other. I think we need to get together just to create again. It's been way too long.

Digressing again.


Sooooo, this gift was fun to make, and I'll post pics of it later. Right now I'm showing pics of the Package. I love creative packaging, don't you? This is the first time I actually put wrapping paper in my sewing machine though. My friend loves the zig zag stitch, so that's what I did on the outside of this package. Then I just went crazy with stuff on the outside, layering and sewing. I love it. It's a good representation of what will be found inside.

Then I decided to add a note to it. There was a pocket in the back of the package (it was inadvertantly made, btw), so I got to making a cute little missive to tuck in there.

 


 



 







I hope she likes it all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment