Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Art Journal 3


Well, I finally got another page done. I really like it. I painted it with three colors, then added making memories stamps in an old favorite of mine: a Quickutz Label. I layered some flowers with mm snaps and paper circles I free-hand cut for centers. I really like the ribbon stems.


All in all, I'm happy with the outcome, and I enjoyed the process.

I'm gone from home and the fam. I had hoped to make some lovlies while away, but, alas, have had little to no creativity, and have instead spent the time on-line and reading books. It's still been so nice to have the peace and quiet all to myself. Selfish? Yeah, I know; but the end result is that I am a more rested wife and mommy, and eager to cook, clean, and care for my fam. It's just such a blessing to have the break.

I went to a Scrapbook Store I'd never visited before today. Of course, they are all dying out with this blasted economy, but this one is small, and is about to begin their 5th year. Nice, huh? Just real people like you and me, trying to make a living in a field they enjoy. Adapting to what customers want like kits all ready to put together. It was a nice place, and I bought one little book I'm about to cover. Should be fun! I'm trying to redeem the last few hours when I am alone and can set my own schedule. Granny and PaPa will bring the Littles back tomorrow, so I have the sheets in the washer, the towels are already washed and folded, and I'm going to have to put all my happy scrappy stuff away either tonight or tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll have another project well on the way before then though. = )