Monday, May 31, 2010

Art Journal 4



So. No matter HOW I turn my photo, it seems to come up sideways. If anyone has a clue as to how I can make the picture turn the right way, I'd love to hear it. I'm not lovin' the Blogger way of photo uploading. I may find that wordpress is better, but for now, I continue to be frustrated with the photo side of this blog. And photos are such a big part of the whole point of having a fancyscrappin' blog!

Enough grumbling.

It's been a great crafty weekend, and I have more to share if I can get it to work right. First, I have posted the last project I did this weekend, which was this journal page. I made a comment to my Honey yesterday that my love language is "Quality Time," and he said it's just not that simple or clean cut for me. He added that I'm more complex of an individual, and little bits of ALL the love languages linger in my personality.

So I made this journal entry. I'd already painted the pages a few days ago, and I'd tried a "resist" technique by stamping and embossing the flourishes on the main page before painting it. It was a fun project.

I've been wanting to use my tools more, so I used a Sizzix Sizzlet set "Eternal Love" for the lettering. I looped the lowercase "l" over the "O" overhead. I'm really happy with how it came out.

Also, on the opposing page, I wrote in white ink, which I think stands out quite nicely on the dark background. Though I didn't take a pic of it, in the folder is a pull-out tag on which I printed all five of the Love Languages (Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, Physical Touch, and Words of Affirmation).

I totally love the concept of Love Languages. It makes it so much easier to act in ways that truly communicate love to the recipient.


And here's a sorry sideways pic of the whole double layout in the book.