Monday, May 31, 2010

Tabbed Tall Mini



Okay, I love this album! It's still a work in progress, but I'm having a great time just putting in pictures and embellishments that make me happy. In fact, that's what I decided to make this whole album about. The title is "This Makes Me Happy." I chose a paper line that I simply adore, and is no longer available. I bought it at JoAnn's in Alpharetta, and it's made by Colorbok. It's called "Memory Boutique," and I don't think they made much of it. When I found that they were clearing out all they had left at stupidly low prices, I made a game of finding all the JoAnn's I could within a 45 minute driving range. I spent a lovely afternoon chasing down the sales. I was spending some time alone, and really had a blast doing it.





The next few pics are sideways. It seems that the problem stems from my camera. It formats the pictures in horizontal or vertical position based on internal programing. Then the pics are sent to my computer thusly. I turn them in my programs and files in my computer, but blogger does not take this into account. So there you have it.



The first open page of the album features my guy. The "house" you see here is our first Christmas ornament. I made a large shot of it, and cut the house out. Now that the ornament is over 20 years old, the fireplace is not always lit. I love that there are matching purple mugs and cute pillows on the hearth. It's so "US!"



Also, you see a pic of me on Charlie's lap huggin' on his head. We have such fun together. I love that we can recall the joys of early romance even in the midst of our middle years. Gotta keep that affection alive ON PURPOSE and not let life's challenges get in the way of what's REALLY important!




The next page features a journal block at the top that says, "My favorite fellow in my favorite setting." And the picture below shows him on a raised boardwalk on the east coast of Florida.


Then there's the sad sideways shot of the two pages together. :(


And I am so pleased with how the next page has turned out! I only have a sneak preview for you here. I used my cricut and layered papers with a black and white cutout of my two oldest girls all dressed up for a dinner out with friends. This definitely makes me happy!