Friday, May 7, 2010

Art Journal


This is my first art journal page. I have recently been inspired by Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday's free videos. I also found a wonderful quickutz die set of birds at Hobby Lobby for a cheap price. The antique trunk you see here is a Sizzix Sizzlet die. The brackets are also a Sizzlet die. The letters are from Cosmo Cricket. I painted the background and the tree.

My "Art Journal" is actually a found book. I was driving home one day in the rain when I saw something in the road. I stopped to check it out, and found that it was a book! Obviously someone had the book on the top of the car or something when they picked up their child at the school near my house. There was no way to find the original owner, and the book was quite damaged, so I thought, "how can it be made worse, right?" This made me feel better about painting over the printed page, and I decided to use the entire book as an art journal.

This page is inspired by Melody Ross's blog post about flying again. Google it, and you'll find it, it's just amazing! I totally related to what she had to share there, and it's helped me during a current challenging time in my life. Seriously, you must read it.

So I am TOTALLY HAPPY with how these pages turned out. I meant to do only one page when I started, but ended up enjoying painting the tree so much that I spread it out to the opposite page which turned out quite well for the journal portion of the layout.

Nicey nice!
Posted by Picasa